Life is a Journey, Embrace It

A friend once told me with disgust nearly 16 years ago that she hated that Americans celebrate with food.  It's a valid point.  Birthdays, graduations, weddings, promotions, etc. generally revolve around food of some sort either at home, rental venue or a restaurant.  We love food.  It nourishes our soul, and takes away our hunger.  At the time,  I didn't think much of it.  However, as I've aged, this notion has grown on me more and more. 

Why do we celebrate with food? 

As a women who has been extremely fortunate in the gene department for body composition (I'm 5'11 and a size 2).  I didn't really take a healthy view on my body until my mid to late 20's.  I haven't always been a size 2 either, but have grown to feeling this size is the best version of me and I really don't have to do a lot (in my opinion) to keep it that way.

I love to be active.  I'm constantly on the go and constantly moving.  I think that attributes to me being able to stay trim.  I'm also what I think in my mind as uber-healthy.  My family and I rarely eat out, shop at Whole Foods and don't buy many processed foods.  We eat organic.  I like fruits and veggies.

So, as an active 34 year old female who eats healthy, why do I have high blood pressure.

Yes, you read that correct.  I.have.high.blood.pressure. 

I hate medicine.  Absolutely hate it.  This poses a problem considering my blood pressure is so incredibly high. 

I've tired a lot of different things and nothing has given me the results I need besides medicine.  Nada.  Zilch.  I've done all of the tests and nothing shows as a problem. 

So, I have to wonder what's at play here.  Luckily for me, I've been following the Medical Medium and am embarking on a journey toward Veganism to help heal my body.  My body is a temple and frankly, I should be putting the best ingredients into it in order to view the best results.  Well, let's face it, I'm already living that lifestyle and so far so good. 

So, back to my notion about celebrating with food.  I think it's a great notion, but one that needs to be taken into consideration.  Don't shun people because of their beliefs on food and how they eat.  I'm going to be shunned, questioned and prodded about why I am doing this, the health implications of my decision and whatnot.

My response is going to be, "Life is a journey.  Embrace it."  Well, here's the start of me tip-toeing quietly into veganism. 

Comments